Oct 14 2012
|more articles from|
Canada's new class for immigration targets UAE applicants
Federal Skilled Trades Class open to selected trades persons with experience in occupational areas
"The new FSTC is open to selected tradespersons with experience in the occupational areas," explains Deepak Kohli, President of Transcend Consultants, a regulated Canadian-based immigration consultancy office.
"This is a pass/fail system, meaning that the applicants are assessed based on a set of criteria (as compared to a points system). The applicants meeting all the criteria are selected."
- Ability to work in one of the trades (up to 2 job offers or assessed qualifications);
- Proficiency in official languages (minimum CLB 5);
- Previous work experience in the selected trades (minimum 2 years full-time); and
- Meet employment requirements of the selected trade.
The occupations for selected trade are identified through the National Occupational Classification (NOC) are the following:
632 Chefs & Cooks (2 occupations)
633 Butchers & Bakers (2 occupations)
72 Industrial, Electrical & Construction Trades (33 occupations)
73 Maintenance and equipment operation trades (26 occupations)
82 Supervisors and technical occupations in natural resources, agriculture and related production (10 occupations)
92 Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators (17 occupations)
The regulations are expected to be implemented in January 2013 but may be possibly revised based on public consultations, explained Deepak.
© Emirates 24|7 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in UAE
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More