Feb 08 2010
|more articles from|
Big Five mobile actors hold more than 53% of market share in Africa
In fact, according to Dataxis Intelligence's last findings, the five largest groups operating on the continent account for more than 53% of the continental subscribers base (cf. table below) with more than 230.4 million serviced customers.
They are led by South Africa's MTN Group that holds an 18% market share followed by Zain Group from Kuwait with more than 11% of overall customers' base. At the third and fourth places there are France Telecom and South Africa's Vodacom with respectively 10.2% and 9.6% market shares. Finally, the fifth largest group operating in Africa is Maroc Telecom , the incumbent telco in Morocco that accounts for just over 4% of the nearly 432 million mobile customers in Africa.
Big 5 Total
Total in Africa
- Ends -
© Press Release 2010
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More