Nov 26 2012
|more articles from|
Barclays shares sold at 244p/shr in Qatar deal
LONDON, Nov 26 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank sold shares in Barclays at 244 pence apiece on behalf of top shareholder Qatar Holdings on Monday, the bookrunners said, as the sovereign wealth fund cashed in on warrants it held in the British bank.
The sale price represented a 4 percent discount to Friday's closing share price. By 1047 GMT Barclays shares were down 4.1 percent at 243.8p.
Deutsche Bank and Goldman had said late on Sunday they would sell up to 303.3 million Barclays shares in relation to the monetization of 379 million warrants that were owned by Qatar, as part of a controversial fundraising in the bank dating back to 2008.
((firstname.lastname@example.org; +44 (0) 20 7542 4367 and follow me on twitter @reuterssteves;))
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- Powerball jackpot grows to a record $600 million
- There's More