Apr 24 2012
|more articles from|
Bank Nizwa IPO sees huge
Bank Nizwa will raise an amount of RO 60 million by offering 600 million shares. The shares are being offered at a price of 102 baisa (one hundred and two baisas) per share; comprising a nominal value of 100 baisa per Share and issue expenses of 2 baisa per share.
Ahmed Saif al Rawahi, Chairman of the Bank Nizwa Founding Committee said, "Our market feasibility study showed that there is a need for an Islamic Bank in Oman and up until now the response that Bank Nizwa has received is very positive. We believe that our IPO will also receive a good response and we hope that many thousands of Omani investors, large and small, will take this opportunity to share in the potential for success of Islamic banking within the Sultanate."
Under the IPO, 60 per cent of the share offer is reserved for retail investors who apply for 100,000 shares or less and the remaining 40 per cent is reserved for institutional investors or high net worth individuals who apply for more than 100,000 shares.
The IPO size of RO 60 million constitutes 40 per cent of the bank's paid up capital of RO 150 million whilst the remaining RO 90 million has been brought in by Shaikh Saud bin Ali al Khalili and a group of 92 additional founding investors, comprising Omani individuals, companies and pension funds.
The founders of the bank appointed a Founding Committee to represent them and help manage the establishment of the bank as a Sharia compliant commercial bank, licensed by the Central Bank of Oman (CBO). The Founding Committee has appointed Dr Jamil El Jaroudi as the CEO and recruited experienced people into other key positions to help lead and build the launch of the bank.
"The objective of the offer is to establish the bank as an SAOG after completing due process. The founders of the bank are also seeking the broad participation of the general public and investment community in this pioneering Islamic financial institution through the offer," added Al Rawahi.
The proceeds of the offer will also be used to settle the costs associated with setting up the bank, costs relating to the execution of the bank's business plan, such as leasing new branches, hiring staff, purchasing infrastructure and conducting its general business operations.
Bank Nizwa (under formation) will be incorporated under the Commercial Companies Law of the Sultanate of Oman as a public joint stock company, listed on Muscat Securities Market. Subject to receipt of a final banking licence from the CBO, the principal activity of the bank will be to provide all banking services which are permitted for Sharia compliant banks by the applicable laws and regulations of the Sultanate of Oman in accordance with Islamic Sharia Principles.
The issue is offered at a fixed price and is managed by Oman Arab Bank Investment Management Group. The bank's IPO is open for subscription until May 22 for both Omani and non-Omani individuals and institutions.
Prospectuses and application forms may be collected from branches of the following banks: Oman Arab Bank; BankMuscat; National Bank of Oman; and BankDhofar.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.