Jul 09 2013
|more articles from|
Arab League urges the international community to intervene immediately to save the lives of Palestinian prisoners
CAIRO, July 9th, 2013 (WAM) -- The Arab League has urged the international community, particularly the United Nations, the International Committee of Red Cross and human rights organization to intervene immediately to save the lives of Palestinian prisoners who have been on food strike in camps and prisons of the Israeli occupation and to stop the inhumane practices against them.This came in a statement released by the Arab League Secretary-General, Dr. Nabil Elaraby, in which he said "He is following with concern the suffering of the Palestinian prisoners who entered indefinite food strike under very serious health conditions, especially the captive, Abdullah Barghouti, who entered into a dangerous condition due to his continued food strike since last May". Elaraby called on the international community to put an end to arrogance of the Israelis who use violence against the Palestinian prisoners.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- Chinese police arrest man after nursing home patients castrated
- Massachusetts monks tap brewing tradition to support aging members
- Venezuela's world-famous 'vertical slum' may be demolished
- Tables turned: Madoff letter to U.S. judge appears to be fake
- Sarah Palin cited for speeding in Alaska
- There's More