Jul 26 2012
|more articles from|
Agthia profit jumps 38% to Dh58m
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Agthia Group , one of UAE's leading food and beverage groups, said net profit for the first six months of 2012 grew 38 per cent year-on-year to Dh56 million.
Sales increased 15 per cent reaching Dh642 million.
Rashed Mubarak Al Hajeri, Chairman of Agthia Group , said: "We are pleased with Agthia 's sales, volumes and profit growth across all divisions in the first half of 2012. The commodity market volatility and regional unrest are certainly challenging, yet we are progressing on our long term strategy and we are looking forward to a promising second half as well."
Agri Business Division (ABD) net sales grew 13 per cent year on year reaching Dh426 million, driven by 14 per cent volume increase.
© Emirates 24|7 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Agriculture
- UPDATE 1-Korean women scrap meeting Japanese mayor over brothel remarks
- REFILE-Elderly Korean women cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Korean "grannies" cancel meet with Osaka mayor over war brothel remarks
- Solar plane completes second leg of cross-country flight in Texas
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- There's More