Aug 06 2012
|more articles from|
Abu Dhabi to cancel grace speed limit on roads
Grace speed to be cut gradually from early 2013 before it is totally annulled
The decision will affect both motorways and internal roads, where drivers are currently permitted to overshoot the assigned speed limit by 20 kph.
"From the beginning of next year, we will start cutting the grace speed limit gradually so the drivers will get used to the new limit...within two years from that date, there will be no grace speed on all roads," the semi official daily Alittihad said, quoting traffic police chief Brigadier Hussein Ahmed Al Harithi.
Harithi said the plan is part of a long-term traffic strategy designed to achieve zero deaths on roads by 2030.
© Emirates 24|7 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More