Feb 22 2012
|more articles from|
Abu Dhabi has over 784,000 cars
Abu Dhabi emirate had over 784,000 cars at the end of 2011 after more than 140,000 vehicles were licenses through the year.
The cars did not include nearly 55,000 vehicles imported by the UAE before they were re-exported to other markets, police data showed.
"We licensed 140,677 new cars in 2011, an increase of about 12 per cent over the previous year," said Lt Colonel Suhail Al Khaily, head of the licensing department at the Abu Dhabi Traffic Police.
© Emirates 24|7 2012
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Automotive
- More than 2,000 cases of unlicensed taxi operations in capital
- Saudi Arabia: Vehicle insurance charges increase almost '95%'
- Qatar Holding sells 10% stake in Porsche to family shareholders
- Dubai Police sergeant abused authority to steal 67 abandoned cars
- New Abu Dhabi law will penalise motorcyclists who wrongly overtake other vehicles
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- UPDATE 1-"Drunk" claims upset Ukraine parliament budget hearing
- There's More