Jun 05 2014
|more articles from|
80% drop in coronavirus cases in six weeks, says Fakeih
He said the ministry has taken extraordinary measures to ensure safety of Haj and Umrah pilgrims from the disease.
Fakeih made the remarks following a meeting with Shoura Council President Sheikh Abdullah Al-Asheikh and members of the council's health and environment affairs committee on Wednesday.
The meeting was attended by Minister of Agriculture Fahd Balghunaim. Fakeih denied reports that said summer temperatures will help destroy the deadly virus responsible for the Middle Respiratory Syndrome (MERS).
The Ministry of Health said on Tuesday that a review of health data had identified an additional 113 confirmed cases of MERS that had not been previously recorded, bringing the total number of cases to 688.
The death toll from the MERS coronavirus has been raised to 282 from 190, the ministry said.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
More in Healthcare
- UAE fertility clinics report genetic screening surge
- Mulk Holdings healthcare arm to invest AED250m in expansion
- Ebola outbreak reaches Senegal, riots break out in Guinea
- New online platform to connect healthcare specialists across MENA
- Oman healthcare workers to get protective kits to control Ebola