Dec 11 2012
|more articles from|
7.5 m tons of goods transited
Shahryar Afandizadeh said some 4.462 million and 3.121 million tons of the figures pertain to transit of oil and non-oil commodities respectively, Mehr News Agency reported.
The official also said 92 percent and 8 percent of transit was performed through roads and railroads, respectively.
He added that various types of fuel, cotton, construction material, home appliances, cargo and vehicles comprised the main part of cargo transited through the country.
Bandar Abbas in Hormuzgan province with 31 percent of cargo transportation was the most active border of the country in terms of importing transit followed by Parvizkhan in Kermanshah province, Bazargan in West Azarbaijan province, Bashmaq in Kurdestan province, and Sarakhs in Khorasan Razavi province, Afandizafeh explained.
He said that Imam Khomeini Port in Khuzestan province with 26.5 percent was the most active border of the country in terms of exporting transit followed by Bandar Abbas, Bashmaq and Sarakhs.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
People Who Read This Also Read
- UPDATE 1-Roommate arrested in case of severed head found under Hollywood sign
- House cat in Oregon attacks baby, traps family in bedroom
- Elephants can gauge threat from human voices, study finds
- Investors prefer business pitches from handsome men, U.S. study finds
- U.S. ad of Michelangelo's David with rifle scandalises Italy
- There's More