Nov 22 2012
|more articles from|
40,000 Killed in Syria Since Revolt Outbreak - Watchdog
Thursday, Nov 22, 2012
BEIRUT (AFP)--At least 40,000 people have been killed in violence across Syria since the outbreak of an anti-regime revolt in March last year, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Thursday.
"At least 28,026 civilians, 1,379 defectors, 10,150 soldiers and 574 unidentified people have been killed in Syria in the past 20 months," said Observatory director Rami Abdel Rahman.
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- Powerball jackpot grows to a record $600 million
- There's More