Feb 10 2012
|more articles from|
3 upscale restaurants in Jeddah shut down
The inspections team led by Deputy Mayor for Services Ali Al-Qahtani found a number of violations including dirty hand towels for customers, dirty floors and insect traps and unhygienic food products. It also discovered that most of the workers did not have health certificates. The team also discovered that some food was actually stored in garbage containers, waiters were not dressed in the uniform of their restaurant and many food containers were uncovered.
Al-Qahtani said that the team fined each of the violating restaurants SR25,000 on the spot.
Apart from the fine, the restaurants have been shut down for three days to enable the owners to carry out the necessary maintenance work, he said.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Retail
- N.Korean leader Kim used luxury yacht to tour coast -website
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids
- CORRECTED-Kimberly-Clark moves to ease Venezuelan toilet paper shortage
- CORRECTED-U.S. patent case climaxes with win for Canadian vibrator maker
- UPDATE 1-"Drunk" claims upset Ukraine parliament budget hearing
- There's More