Apr 30 2012
|more articles from|
$3.27b for urban renovation
Speaking in a press conference, Majid Kianpour said that on the average 70 percent of those who renovated their old buildings used banking facilities.
He added that so far 92,000 hectares of worn-out urban textures have been identified in 461 cities nationwide, IRNA reported on Sunday.
Kianpour noted that 113 permits were issued for the renovation of old textures in the past year, showing an increase of 37 percent compared to the figure for the preceding year.
Banking facilities were extended to the owners of 75,000 old housing units in the past year, he said, noting some 113, 409 dilapidated housing units were renovated during the period.
He anounced that the process of extending banking loans to the owner of old building will continue in the current year.
Kianpour went on to say that 100,000 housing units are expected to undergo renovation in the current year, noting that the figure can be increased based on the number of applicants.
The official concluded that 120,000 housing units will be inaugurated in the current year.
© Copyright Zawya. All Rights Reserved.
More in Iran
- College student snares record long Burmese python near Miami
- What's in a name? U.S. starts using Myanmar as well as Burma
- Marijuana waste helps turn pot-eating pigs into tasty pork roast
- Man climbs onto dome of St Peter's to protest Italian politics
- Prague metro plans to launch love train for singles
- There's More